User-data security design guidelines
Applications should give high priority to user data and should not modify, delete or broadcast it.
A checklist for user data security
- Users data like images, videos, messages, contacts should not be altered without their permission.
- Access point information should not be modified without informing user.
- For using GPRS, user confirmation should be taken.
- Sending background SMS should be discouraged.
- Secure information like Password should be encrypted.
- Users should be given permission to delete their private data.
- Users should be encouraged to take backup of their private data.