Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
User-data security design guidelines
Applications should give high priority to user data and should not modify, delete or broadcast it. OEMs should also release the device with preloaded antivirus software.
A checklist for user data security
- Users data like images, videos, messages, contacts should not be altered without their permission.
- Access point information should not be modified without informing user.
- For using GPRS, user confirmation should be taken.
- Sending background SMS should be discouraged.
- Secure information like Password should be encrypted.
- Users should be given permission to delete their private data.
- Users should be encouraged to take backup of their private data.