Revision as of 08:07, 26 July 2012 by
WISE Syncronization Logic
From Nokia Developer Wiki
Created:(10 Apr 2008)
Last edited:(26 Jul 2012)
- Every device sets the time frame when it is available for synchronization by setting the start time and duration.
- In this example every device has the same starting time for synchronization. Each device starts the process by running as a client and searching for available servers.
- None of them finds an available server and sleeps for a while (random time between MIN time and MAX time).
- Next the devices start a server service and wait for clients. If no client tries to connect within a wait time the device sleeps again and tries to find a server again. The server's wait time varies randomly between MIN time and MAX time.
- The random times should cause the devices to be in a condition where one device is running as a server and another is running as a client.
- A synchronization is then run between the devices