Widgets, like native applications, can be easily localized. Localization requires widget developers to provide localized resources, such as strings, images, language-specific layouts.
Some usability guidelines
- Languages which are read from right-to-left like Arabic, should also be handled.
- When needed, images and icons should also be localized.
- Should support native currency, number and date.
How it works
- Localized resources(e.g. strings, icons) are provided in a separate directory named as xx.lproj, where xx are two characters identifying the language.
- Widget engine (WRT library) searches for language variants whenever
@import directive is used
Any resource is loaded
"src" attribute is used
- Localizing "info.plist"
Provide language directory, e.g. fi.lproj
Provide InfoPlist.strings and define the localized strings there.