Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Widgets, like native applications, can be easily localized. Localization requires widget developers to provide localized resources, such as strings, images, language-specific layouts.
Some usability guidelines
- Languages which are read from right-to-left like Arabic, should also be handled.
- When needed, images and icons should also be localized.
- Should support native currency, number and date.
How it works
- Localized resources(e.g. strings, icons) are provided in a separate directory named as xx.lproj, where xx are two characters identifying the language.
- Widget engine (WRT library) searches for language variants whenever
@import directive is used
Any resource is loaded
"src" attribute is used
- Localizing "info.plist"
Provide language directory, e.g. fi.lproj
Provide InfoPlist.strings and define the localized strings there.