Working with Carbide.c++ IDE for Qt Mobility APIs
Tip: Please read this article before moving forward: Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
This article is a base for creating a new project to work with Qt Mobility APIs in this series. The subsequent articles are based on the project template explained in this article.
In this series, Carbide.c++ v2.4 is used as an IDE. At the time of writing, Carbide.c++ v2.4 does not come with a single installation package. User needs to first download Carbide.c++ v2.3. Once downloaded, upgrade it to Carbide.c++ v2.4 as shown in the following points.
- Download Carbide.c++ v2.3 from here: Carbide.c++ IDE
- Upgrade Carbide.c++ v2.3 to Carbide.c++ v2.4 as explained in this blog entry: Upgrade to Carbide.c++ v2.4
- Or check the following video for upgrading it to Carbide.c++ v2.4:
Create a new Qt project from Carbide.c++ as shown in this image
Select a Qt GUI Widget project type as shown in this image
Create a new project by providing a name as shown in the following image
Select a preferred SDK from the available SDKs supported by Qt
Proceed with the next step. Press "Next" with the default selection as shown below
Tip: At the time of writing, there is a small issue with the Qt project creation in the Carbide.c++ v2.4 with the randomly generated UID. With the new project creation, it should generate Random UID by default but it does not. To make sure it creates a new random UID with each new project, press on "Random" button as shown in the following image.
Articles in this series
- Getting started with Qt Mobility APIs
- Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 2
- Working with QSystemDeviceInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemStorageInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemDisplayInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 2