Nokia Web Tools provides a set of tools that enable the creation of Series 40 web apps. The tools included are:
- Web Developer Environment (WDE) — enabling web apps to be created, edited, packaged and deployed.
- Web App Simulator (WAS) — enabling web apps to be previewed and debugged on a computer.
- Web Developer Channel (WDC) — included in Web Developer Environment, to deliver information and tools to facilitate web app development.
This new version of Nokia Web Tools provides:
- UI Designer in WDE offering drag-and-drop population of the web app’s UI.
- the ability to deploy a web app over a USB connection from a PC running Microsoft Windows.
- automatic reloading of the simulator for locally previewed web apps as code changes are saved.
- additional templates upon which to base new web apps, including web apps for trivia games, shopping, and video browsing among others.
- more sample web apps and snippets to help developers use the platform capabilities easily.
Symbian WRT widget development
This version of Nokia Web Tools no longer supports Symbian WRT widget development. If you wish to continue using Nokia Web Tools 1.2 for Symbian WRT widget development, please refer to the Installation Guide for details on the setup requirements.
Web apps created with Nokia Web Tools can be submitted for publication in Nokia Store.
Nokia Web Tools are available in versions for:
- 32- or 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
- 32-bit Ubuntu Linux 10.04.
- 64-bit Apple Mac OS X 10.6.
For more information, visit the Nokia Web Tools page.