Developed for Windows Phone, this app enables users to quickly find the perfect new, nearly new, or used car. Users can perform detailed searches, review car data, browse through image galleries, then save searches or individual cars to their app’s "Garage" for easy access.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Auto Trader brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font, ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the application to enhance each car listing.
- The application begins with a simple two-item menu that enables users to search, or enter their "Garage"; a section containing saved cars and searches.
- Users initiate a search by inputting keywords and choosing from a series of common filters such as make, car type and price. When many choices are available, ListBox menus are used to ensure fast, error free input. Users can also input their location or instruct the application to detect it using geolocation.
- Results are displayed in a vertical list. Users can filter the list by tapping an icon on the application bar.
- Tapping each record reveals extensive details for each automobile. These are presented within a series of panels, which include an image gallery, specifications panel and contact information for the seller. Users can navigate between these panels using a swipe gesture.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can trigger a call to the seller, or view the car’s location and directions to visit the seller on a Bing map.
- Users can easily share cars with friends by email, Facebook, Twitter or Tap and Send.
- Cars and searches can also be saved as a live tile, to easily access details on the go.