Developed for Windows Phone, the Daily Beast app enables users to quickly access breaking news from across the web. The app offers instant "Cheat Sheet" summaries of the web’s must-read stories, plus a wide collection of original news, reporting, opinion, and photos.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Daily Beast brand.
- The application uses the brand’s very characteristic corporate font for accent, and the native Segoe font for body copy ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
In keeping with the Daily Beast brand, blocks of colour are used throughout the app to provide impact, and improve the information design.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to bring the news to life.
- The application opens with a irregularly sized tiled list containing featured stories from across the web. Users can swipe through a series of panels to reach the remaining sections containing article categories, galleries, favourites and a "Cheat Sheet" of top 10 stories from across the web.
- Once at article level, users can navigate to previous and next articles by tapping an icon on the application bar.
- Users can share articles by mail, messenger or social media by tapping an icon on the application bar. They can also increase or decrease body copy size by tapping a series of options located in the application bar menu.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can populate the favourites section by choosing a persistent category from the application bar menu.