Developed for Windows Phone, this app enables users to catch up on seven days worth of programming from Channel 5, 5* and 5USA. Users can search for programs by keyword, choose from an alphabetical list or browse programs by category.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Demand 5 brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to entice users and improve findability.
- A subtle and persistent background image carries the brand’s look and feel from pane to pane within the panorama control while also adding depth to the interface.
- The application opens with a vertical list containing a title, airdate and teaser thumbnail for up to ten featured programs.
- Users can swipe through a series of panels to reach remaining sections that contain recent programs, a list of programs grouped by category, and a list of all programs ordered alphabetically. The alphabetical and category lists include fixed position headings that enable users to retain their context as they continue to scroll.
- Tapping a list item opens a detail view in the case of programs, or drill-downs to a list of programs in the case of series. Once in detail view, users can read a program description or tap the thumbnail to launch the video.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can perform a keyword search by tapping an icon on the application bar.
- The app includes advertising in the form of videos that are incorporated within the video stream.