Developed for Windows Phone, this easy to use application enables users to browse hundreds of easy to cook recipes. Users can search for recipes by keyword, or choose from a list of common menu types and special occasions menus.
- The user interface is bright, high contrast, and well aligned with the Epicurious brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font, ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons and controls are large, easy to manipulate and follow the default Metro UI guidelines.
- High quality photographs are used throughout the application.
- A persistent list of common menu types and special occasions is displayed on the application’s home screen.
- Users can navigate between the app’s five primary panels using a swipe gesture.
- Each panel contains a scrollable vertical list, containing text and image based layouts. Tapping many of these list elements leads to a recipe, and an additional series of views accessible using the pivot control.
- The ingredients for each recipe can be added to a built-in shopping list by tapping an icon on the application bar.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can search for recipes by keyword, or pre-filter recipes by tapping icons representing a wide variety of ingredients, courses and cuisines. Search results can then be filtered by popularity, or sorted alphabetically.