Developed for Windows Phone, this app provides comprehensive coverage of cricket from around the world. The app includes live ball-by-ball scoring, comprehensive news, features, and a large collection of editorial content.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the ESPN brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to bring articles to life.
- Colour is also used throughout the app to add variety within panel layouts, and indicate game milestones within views that include ball-by-ball comments.
- The application opens with a vertical list of tiles containing live and recently completed matches.
- Users can swipe through a series of panorama control panels to reach remaining sections that contain recent headlines, specials, a list of top series, and a menu containing additional high level and utility sections.
- Drilling down within a series or match reveals additional panels of results, comments and game metadata. Many of these are arranged using bespoke tabular layouts.
- Users can also browse ball-by-ball comments, which are presented using a colourful and unique layout of speech bubbles.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Once at article level, users comment or share content on social networks by tapping an icon on the application bar.