Developed for Windows Phone by American celebrity chef Martha Stewart, Everyday Food enables users to browse fresh ideas for quick, easy, and delicious meals. Users get daily meal recommendations and can search for meals using a keyword or browse by type of meal.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Martha Stewart Living brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Colourful and lightweight illustrations are used throughout the app to entice users to try new recipes.
- Meal categories are colour-coded to improve discoverability.
- Each recipe listing includes well-designed icons to help users quickly scan each recipe’s cooking time and number of servings.
- The application opens with a vertical list of suggested recipes for that night’s dinner. Users can also swipe to access featured recipes grouped by popular categories such as dessert, pasta and "easy".
- Tapping each recipe reveals a scrolling view containing the recipe photo, ingredients, instructions and a form to jot down personal notes and comments.
- Users can also search for recipes by ingredient or recipe name.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can also favourite a recipe or pin it to their home screen by tapping an icon located on the application bar.