First Great Western
This colorful Windows Phone this simple yet versatile application enables users to browse First Great Western train schedules, plan a route, retrieve electronic tickets, and complete a booking.
- The user interface is fun, colorful and high contrast, and well aligned with the First Great Western brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font, ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Users can navigate between the application’s five primary panels using a swipe gesture.
- Each panel contains a bespoke layout, designed to best display the content at hand. These include a grid of tiles containing past searches, vertical lists containing route options, and more complex layouts indicating scheduled stops and transfer points along each journey.
- Many views include filters such as Arrival and Departure time, or a choice of price categories. These are revealed using the pivot control.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Bookings are easy to complete using a series of well-designed forms. Ticket terms and helpful prompts are provided throughout the process.