Developed for Windows Phone and released just in time for the SXSW festival, this app enables users to quickly find expert reviews of restaurants, shops, sights, and hotels. Users can explore by neighbourhood, or find what’s nearby using detailed interactive maps.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Fodor’s brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font, ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the application to enhance articles and bring destinations to life.
- Colour coding is also used to help users spot results from different categories such as food, accommodation and shopping.
- The application begins with a screen of tiles representing common travel activity categories.
- Tapping a tile reveals an extensive list of options that have been pre-filtered by subcategory. Users can navigate between these categories by swiping through application panels.
- Additional options are available on the application bar. These include a map view, a series of filters and the ability to favourite the entire category.
- Each attraction is described in detail and includes the ability to tap to launch a call, view the attraction on a Bing map, load directions and favourite the attraction. All these options can be accessed through the application bar.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Other useful sections include a neighbourhood guide and extensive section of travel tips.