Developed for Windows Phone, after winning an AppCampus competition, and benefiting from a Nokia design consultation, this app combines photos and sound to capture the real atmosphere of a place, event or experience in a new and unique way. Users can upload their own sounds, or explore the four corners of the world through sounds others have uploaded.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Foundbite brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography and user avatars are included with each sound clip, to entice users and provide context for the sounds.
- To get the user’s attention, the app uses evocative language such as “Capture a moment” (instead of the “Take a picture”).
- The application opens with a vertical list containing the latest audio memories. Users can swipe through a series of panels to search for content, find audio clips from users nearby, or explore worldwide clips by location.
- Users can play or pause each audio clip with a simple tap of the associated image. They can also discover the source of each clip by tapping the user profile photo. Doing so leads to a view containing that user’s follower statistics, and a list of all Foundbites they have contributed.
- Tapping a Foundbite plays the audio inline, within the existing view. Users can also choose to open a standalone view by tapping a nearby icon. This new view contains a clip description and provides access to a map revealing (through geolocation) the exact spot where the audio was recorded.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can record their own Foundbite by tapping an icon on the application bar.