Hungry Now Fast Food Locator
Developed for Windows Phone, this colourful map-based application helps you find the nearest fast foods from worldwide brands such as Burger King, McDonald’s, KFC and Starbucks.
- The user interface is colourful, high contrast and integrates well with the large collection of brands represented.
- Lightweight logos and iconography are used throughout the application to improve usability and provide quick brand recognition.
- The application consists of a simple, map-based view. The map uses geolocation to display markers indicating nearby fast food outlets.
- Markers consist of brand logos, or—in cases where there are too many outlets to display in one area—a generic marker indicating the number of outlets within that region. Tapping this marker zooms into the region, providing a more granular list of logo markers.
- Tapping an outlet logo reveals its address, its distance and whether this location is currently open. Users can then tap to reveal turn-by-turn driving or walking directions.
- Users can filter the outlets shown by tapping one of four brand logos located on the outside of the map.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Within settings, users can enable audio for turn-by-turn navigation, or specify the units used to visualise distance. They can also browse a large collection of fast food brands. Dragging an icon to the bottom of the settings pane enables data for that particular brand on the map.