Developed for Windows Phone, this app provides a simple and fun way to capture and share the world’s moments on your phone. Users can customise their photos with one of several gorgeous and custom-built filter effects, then instantly share them to services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Instagram brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to display photos and user profile thumbnails.
- The application’s consists of four primary sections that can be reached by swiping and are signposted using a series of icons located at the top of each view.
- The initial view displays a user’s main timeline, which includes the latest photos and activity from the people they follow. Users can also swipe to access a view containing the top fifteen Trending photos, a Notifications view that contains people that they follow, or follow them, and a view containing their Profile.
- Users can upload a new photo at any time by tapping an icon on the application bar. Doing so enables them to choose an existing photo, or use their camera to take a new one. The app then enables them to easily crop and filter the photo before adding a caption, and (optionally) choosing which services to share to.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can edit their profile directly from the application, and find or add new friends using a keyword or by browsing the extensive list provided.