Developed for Windows Phone, this app provides easy access to all the latest headlines in Showbiz, News, Sport and Tech. Culture vultures can also read up on all the latest TV, Film, Music, and Games reviews whenever and wherever they want.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Metro News brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to bring articles to life.
- Colour coding is used to facilitate recognition of content from popular categories.
- The application opens with a vertical list of featured articles. Users can also swipe to access a list of categories, and browse sections dedicated to video and images.
- The category menu consists of a series of coloured tiles. Users can tap a category to access relevant content, or touch and hold to pin that category to their home screen.
- Tapping an article opens its detail view. Within this view, users can navigate to next and previous articles by tapping icons on the application bar.
- Video clips play within a bespoke view, which also includes an application bar containing play and volume controls.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can tap an icon on the application bar to access a view enabling them to adjust the font size. The view contains controls that incrementally increase or decrease the font size, along with sample header, body and caption text to visualise the result.
- They can also choose whether to automatically download and refresh content, and whether to limit this behaviour if not connected to wi-fi. Users can also download content for offline use, and easily inspect and manage the amount of data downloaded within each content category.