Developed for Windows Phone, this app enables users of the Feedly news aggregator service to access their favourite content on the go. Users can search for interesting content, subscribe to their favourite sites, or import a feed of their choice.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Phonly brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to entice users and bring articles to life. Thumbnail-sized logos are also provided next to each article, to improve glanceability and facilitate recognition of content from favourite feeds.
- The application opens with a vertical list containing popular news from the user’s favourite feeds. Users can swipe to view a list of all recent articles, or glance at a high-level list of new content by category.
- Tapping each article reveals a detail view. Users can mark an article as read, share it, or save it for later by tapping an icon on the application bar.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can add content to the app by supplying a URL, title or a topic.
- Users can also customise the application using the multitude of options provided within Settings. This includes the ability to choose the content that appears in each top-level view, controlling under which circumstance an article is marked as “read”, customising the content that appears within live tiles, and upgrading the app to remove all advertisements.