Developed for Windows Phone, The Running Mate is a fitness app that leverages GPS to help users track and analyse their workouts. Users can track different types of exercise including running, walking and cycling. They can also earn medals each time they reach a new level.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Running Mate brand.
- The application primarily uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight iconography is used throughout the app to improve glanceability, and enhance information design.
- The application opens with a bespoke dashboard layout featuring common exercise metrics such as distance, time and calories burned.
- Users can swipe through a series of panels to reach remaining sections containing workout history, medals and a vertical list of useful administrative options such as settings and help.
- Users can quickly start a workout by tapping an icon on the application bar. Once the tracker is enabled, users can easily switch to the map view using an upwards swipe gesture. The HERE maps enabled view includes a glanceable dashboard and easy to activate controls that pause, stop, or lock the tracker.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can upload workout data to their SkyDrive by tapping an icon on the application bar.