Developed for Windows Phone, this application enables Spotify Premium users to access millions of tracks, and take their playlists on the go with the Offline mode – no connection needed. Users can pick a track, artist, or album and Spotify will find similar music – it’s like having a personalised radio station!
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Spotify brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the app to bring artists and albums items to life.
- The application opens with a bespoke grid view, containing popular playlists grouped by category such as New Releases, Pop, Country and Urban. Users can tap to drill down through groups of playlists. Tapping a playlist begins the music stream, and the active playlist is then displayed in a view containing a list of tracks, and a button enabling users to follow that list.
- Users can also share the playlist, or pin it to their start screen by tapping an icon on the application bar.
- Each view also includes a small, compact music player component. The component is pinned to the bottom of each view and enables users to easily pause the music stream.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can quickly access their Inbox, Friend list, adjust Settings, and search for music by tapping an icon located at the top of each view. The Settings view includes the ability to set the music-stream quality, specify whether to download music over wireless networks, and mark music sessions as either private or public.