Developed for Windows Phone, this exclusive application enables users to stay up-to-date on the latest Star Trek Into Darkness news. The app also includes monthly sweepstakes and the opportunity to complete missions to unlock exclusive content.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Star Trek brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font, ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the application to enhance the mood and bring the film and characters to life.
- Users can swipe through the application’s five main panels. Selecting options within these panels opens a second level of content. These sub-levels are also often subdivided and accessible through yet another series of panels.
- Most panels display content within a vertical list. Tapping an item on this list opens a detail view. These views vary in layout depending on the content and the interaction required. Common bespoke layouts include polls and quizzes.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can easily save their data and completed mission scores by logging in using their Facebook or Twitter account. Alternatively, they can complete a short form to create an email based account.