Developed for Windows Phone, this app enables users to book a table at more than 4,000 restaurants in the UK and Ireland. Members can also earn dining points to pay for meals at toptable restaurants.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the toptable brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font, ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- Lightweight photography is used throughout the application to bring restaurants and dishes to life.
- The application opens with a search form containing well chosen default data including that day’s date, a suggested booking time that takes into account the time of day the booking is being made, and a prompt to use the user’s current location.
- Search results are ordered by proximity and displayed using a vertical list. A map thumbnail containing a subset of results is displayed above this list. Users can filter the results by tapping an icon on the application bar, or tap the map to access a live map view.
- Tapping a restaurant name opens a detail view containing several panels. Users can swipe to access a restaurant description, consult available booking times, and review user contributed photos of menu items. From this view, users can also tap an icon on the application bar to access turn-by-turn directions.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can pin a restaurant to a tile on the home screen by tapping an icon on the application bar.