Developed for Windows Phone, this simple, community based mapping, traffic and navigation app, enables millions of drivers to join forces to outsmart traffic, save time, gas money, and improve the daily commute. Users can actively report accidents, hazards and other events you see on the road, or get road alerts on their daily route too.
- The user interface is high contrast and well aligned with the Waze brand.
- The application uses the native Segoe font ensuring a clean, light, and open look.
- Buttons, dialogues and iconography all use the default Modern UI look.
- The application also includes a collection of colourful, high contrast and lightweight icons that enable users to quickly spot hazards they are concerned about within each map and list view.
- The application opens with a map-based interface that includes the user’s current location, and icons representing any nearby hazards or construction..
- Users can contribute data to the service by tapping an icon on the application bar. Doing so presents a panel containing icons that represent hazards that can be added to the map. Choosing an icon loads a view enabling users to type a short description. They can also choose a more specific icon, indicating for example that a traffic jam is heavy or light.
- The second icon on the application bar leads to a tiled menu of traffic hazards. Tapping each tile leads to a detailed list of active hazards. Users can swipe this view to obtain additional information, or review related data from other location-based services such as Foursquare.
- Users can navigate back from all views using the dedicated hardware key.
- Users can create a profile, enabling other drives to recognise and rate the hazard messages they submit. As users contribute to the service, they earn points and can unlock additional customisations to their profile.
- To save battery life, the app automatically shuts down if it detects that the user hasn’t driven for a while.